Friday 21 December 2007

The front garden at Cote Bank farmhouse

Anyone who knows me knows how much I love gardening and our milder winters have let me grow a lot of super plants.


The first view of the farmyard with Cherry Tree cottage and the Roberts family's Cote Bank Cottage on the left. It was our first holiday cottage conversion and we felt an initial sadness to sell it but our neighbours are a great addition to the Cote Bank hamlet - no wild parties (yet!) and a good "green" outlook.
General views of the front part of the farmhouse garden.
Our farmhouse from the footpath.
Honesty and catmint and the rather wild shrubbery - my new hip has allowed me to garden again which is real bliss after 2 years when the garden rather went to wrack and ruin.
The historic Old House - the Tudor wing of our house with a profusion of hydrangeas - the endless rain this year has really suited them. I was given a host of new plants from a Church friend with an incredible garden that he still maintains without help and so I am busy re-organising this area.
My rockery made in 2000 has really taken off this year.
Nicole - our grand daughter in the garden with my Cape Town thatched gazebo in the background -my 60th birthday present from the family which has the best view of all over the valley and hills.
There used to be a henhouse on the site of the gazebo but mercifully it blew down in a gale and was moved to a field at the back of the house and I took over the prime site.
The way through to the footpath.
The concessionary footpath down through the garden. Nicole and William love to come and select flowers for posies for their Mum - great care is always taken in their selection.

And of course we have to fly the flag!

No comments: